Last meeting we started planning a Waste Audit to be completed this term. The cadets were split up into groups and they all had some great ideas. I’ve attached a copy of the planning done by the various groups for you all to have a look at.
Over the next few weeks we will be going through the waste created at JFSC in classrooms, offices and out in the yard. We want to find out how much waste we generate and the types of waste. Hopefully we will be able to see if there’s anything we can do to reduce the amount of waste produced and where that waste ends up.
- use a reusable water bottle
- use reusable shopping bags
- use a reusable coffee cup
- refuse plastic straws
- buy & cook only what we need to reduce waste
- recycle our old mobile phones